Teeth, climbing, and daycare

Michael is off in Port Angeles this weekend with Mommy, Grandma, and Grandpa while Daddy is in Bremerton working which gives me time and internet to update things and write a little here. I upload all of his pictures and videos as well as update the website when I'm at work because our home wifi is so slow and has a low cap (satellite is better than nothing...but not by much).

A couple weeks ago Michael was cutting his six front upper teeth all at the same time. He was quite miserable with a fever and not much sleep. He seems to be getting over that until the next wave of teeth comes in. He likes to use his teeth...where he used to just pop a snack in his mouth and down it he'll hold it and bite it in half now.

Michael has begun climbing on everything. He goes from the floor to the chair to the top of the poker table in about 5 seconds.

He's been having a blast helping Mommy and Daddy garden in the great weather we've been having...though we tend to keep him out too long and he gets grumpy. His favorite thing is to dig in the dirt either with a trowel or just his hands, whatever is more convenient. The only drawback is that he also enjoys ripping the heads off flowers now so we have to be vigilant while working to protect the landscaping.

Daycare has been going on since the beginning of March and while he seems to have a great time there (the staff always dotes on him and exclaims how happy he always is...though I'm sure they do that for most of the children) he does get sad when the other children start getting picked up and he sees them leave. Then he gets very excited when Mom or Dad come to pick him up. He doesn't sleep well at daycare so he's always a little extra tired...usually catches maybe an hour while he might have slept 2.5-3 hours at home. So I think it's a good thing that he is only doing daycare at most 3 times a week, on days when Dad has to get to class. I usually drop him off as early as I can (without getting him up ~9-10am) so that he can get used to being there for a while. If I dropped him off only when we needed him to be watched he'd only ever spend 45 minutes there except on Thursdays when it would be 3 hours max. Hopefully this way he gets more used to the routine. And I can get quite a bit of work done around the house with him at daycare before class...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Only 2.5 years to update...

Potty Training????????

Funniest frustrating little person ever!