Potty Training????????
So we've had Michael's toilet in the bathroom for a bit now and I've been sitting him on it before his bath just for familiarization. Over the past couple of weeks he started to be getting the idea so I started giving him bubbles in his bath whenever he peed in his toilet. Now, for the past few days, he doesn't want me to hold him on the toilet and he visibly tries to use it so I think, once the words start coming, potty training (knock on wood) shouldn't be too challenging. He's just got to be able to tell us when he needs to go and it's off to the races. I'm excited.
He has been saying "bubble" for the past few days, largely associated with his expectation for getting them in his bath now that he at least tries to use the toilet every time he takes a bath...I was only giving him bubbles when he actually peed but it got so obvious that he was trying that I didn't want to effectively punish him just because he was all dried up... :P
He's started gingerly walking down stairs forwards instead of crawling down backwards.
He has been saying "bubble" for the past few days, largely associated with his expectation for getting them in his bath now that he at least tries to use the toilet every time he takes a bath...I was only giving him bubbles when he actually peed but it got so obvious that he was trying that I didn't want to effectively punish him just because he was all dried up... :P
He's started gingerly walking down stairs forwards instead of crawling down backwards.
We're going to the Woodland Park Zoo tomorrow so I should have another post after that craziness.
Comments
Post a Comment