Zoo and Arguments
Friday was our zoo trip. Grandpa P, Michael, and I (Anton/Dad) met at the Woodland Park zoo where we'd briefly meet up with the Leshs, John, Nicole, Josephine, and Jeanette as well as John's sister and brother in law. Michael wasn't as obsessed with the animals as I thought he'd be, he was more interested than last time for sure but he ended up being more intrigued by the people and other kids especially. There was just a lot more activity there I suppose. We saw some wolves that Michael howled at and some bears. Michael climbed around in a little cave there for quite a while...I really need to get his climbing wall set up. We saw a bunch of other things but he particularly liked the bird house and the giraffe which a few patrons were getting to feed. The penguins also held his fascination for quite some time, especially while they were getting fed. Unfortunately the butterfly tent was only open to members so we missed them, Michael would have enjoyed that I think.
After the zoo we headed up to Grandma B's and Papa's for a BBQ they were having on Saturday. Allison, Darius, and Raven were there building forts out in the woods, Michael Bianchi and Jenny were there too as well as Jane and Randy and a few other folks I didn't get to chat with much. Michael loved the pork, hanging out with the smaller dogs, and running around the property. We sat him up bareback on Annie (Grandma B's horse) just for a few seconds which he wasn't quite sure about. When we tried Asia, who is a bit smaller, she wasn't quite sure about him either so that didn't happen. I took him around the property and he enjoyed a bunch of huckleberries, a salmonberry, and several not-quite-ripe plums...the blueberries weren't out.
Michael is clearly saying "bubble" now, and he said "tweet-tweet" while wearing his tweetie-bird towel after bedtime tonight which was just...well, just try to imagine that if you can. But his favorite word, as seems to be typical around this age, is "no" so he and I get into pseudo-arguments now where he repeats "no" until blue in the face and I counter cleverly with "yes."
It's also cool that he's identifying lots of his body parts. At verbal request, he can pour water on his head, arms, legs, feet, toes, and today we showed him where his elbow is and he pointed at that. He's got his chin, eyes, nose, and probably some others. We haven't even really been drilling him on this stuff, he just picks it up. So much fun :)
After the zoo we headed up to Grandma B's and Papa's for a BBQ they were having on Saturday. Allison, Darius, and Raven were there building forts out in the woods, Michael Bianchi and Jenny were there too as well as Jane and Randy and a few other folks I didn't get to chat with much. Michael loved the pork, hanging out with the smaller dogs, and running around the property. We sat him up bareback on Annie (Grandma B's horse) just for a few seconds which he wasn't quite sure about. When we tried Asia, who is a bit smaller, she wasn't quite sure about him either so that didn't happen. I took him around the property and he enjoyed a bunch of huckleberries, a salmonberry, and several not-quite-ripe plums...the blueberries weren't out.
Michael is clearly saying "bubble" now, and he said "tweet-tweet" while wearing his tweetie-bird towel after bedtime tonight which was just...well, just try to imagine that if you can. But his favorite word, as seems to be typical around this age, is "no" so he and I get into pseudo-arguments now where he repeats "no" until blue in the face and I counter cleverly with "yes."
It's also cool that he's identifying lots of his body parts. At verbal request, he can pour water on his head, arms, legs, feet, toes, and today we showed him where his elbow is and he pointed at that. He's got his chin, eyes, nose, and probably some others. We haven't even really been drilling him on this stuff, he just picks it up. So much fun :)
Comments
Post a Comment