Apoocalypse 2016
Michael's wake-up cry was a little different this morning so I got in quicker without getting breakfast ready and everything. I was greeted by a sight that shall haunt me until I can thoroughly embarrass Michael with the photos...
Michael had removed his PJs and diaper and thrown them out of his crib. Michael and his crib were smeared with a thick layer of fecal matter. I didn't even stop to take a picture, I grabbed Michael and as...gingerly as possible carried him to the bathtub for his first, second, and third baths of the day. The water was cold by the time we were done so the last bath was a quick one.
Fortunately he was happy to sit in his pen and play with his toys while I spent the next hour and a half with Lysol wipes scrubbing his crib clean and throwing away the soiled mattress sheet. After an abrasive, cold shower for myself, Michael finally got breakfast and things were back to normal. I vowed never to use button on PJs again but then an old friend on Facebook just told me to put them on backwards...elegantly simple and brilliant. :)
Hopefully "Apoocalypse 2016" is an appropriate name for this event. If we have any others then it won't work and I'll have to change it to something like "Turdicane Allison" followed by "Turdicane Bruce", "Turdicane Carol" and so on...
Michael had removed his PJs and diaper and thrown them out of his crib. Michael and his crib were smeared with a thick layer of fecal matter. I didn't even stop to take a picture, I grabbed Michael and as...gingerly as possible carried him to the bathtub for his first, second, and third baths of the day. The water was cold by the time we were done so the last bath was a quick one.
Fortunately he was happy to sit in his pen and play with his toys while I spent the next hour and a half with Lysol wipes scrubbing his crib clean and throwing away the soiled mattress sheet. After an abrasive, cold shower for myself, Michael finally got breakfast and things were back to normal. I vowed never to use button on PJs again but then an old friend on Facebook just told me to put them on backwards...elegantly simple and brilliant. :)
Hopefully "Apoocalypse 2016" is an appropriate name for this event. If we have any others then it won't work and I'll have to change it to something like "Turdicane Allison" followed by "Turdicane Bruce", "Turdicane Carol" and so on...
HEY!!
ReplyDeleteHEY!!
ReplyDelete